Do you want to help us change the world? Are you passionate about Risk Environment Safety and Health? If yes, then this might be an opportunity just for you!
Antibiotic resistance is an increasing threat that yearly take hundreds of thousands of lifes, join us in the fight against it.
An exciting and challenging opportunity awaits you who want to contribute with your expertise, energy and creativity as we are looking for a RESH Manager to our production site in Askersund where we produce Sorbact, a wound care dressing that helps the fight against antibiotic resistance all over the world.
You will be responsible for providing a professional and comprehensive Health, Safety, Risk Environment and Security function that meets the legislation as well as business needs. You will also be responsible for the site’s utilities department.
Essity acquired ABIGO earlier this year and we are now recruiting for our newly acquired site in Askersund. Now being part of Essity further strengthens the commitment to Safety and environmental work, ABIGO Medical Environmental work - YouTube
Site Askersund has approx. 120 employees (90 onsite in Askersund) and our corporate culture is characterized by a family atmosphere with a strong entrepreneurial spirit and where cooperation and personal development is encouraged. You will be a member of an inspiring and affirmative team, where we help each other and work together towards business goals. We emphasize the importance of working professionally in an environment that is enjoyable and fulfilling.
You can expect an exciting and developing environment with high ambitions to always be at the forefront. We work together, see opportunities and high quality permeates/pervades all our work. With us, you are challenged to grow and have great opportunities to work independently and be a central part of our innovative and progressive work.
About the role
As a RESH Manager, you will act as a role model for safety. Reporting to the Site Director you will lead the development of the site’s RESH strategy and work towards a mature RESH culture using the systems and standards of internal and external benchmarking to guarantee continuous improvement in these areas. Both operational and in execution projects. Coach and implement Safety leadership programs on site to contribute to culture developments. You are responsible for implementations of systems and standards and take part of their development when needed. You will create an environment where health checks ensure sustainability of results and uses internal and external benchmarks to drive performance improvement as a natural way of daily work.
- Responsible for Emergency preparedness and business continuity on site.
- Maintenance and ownership of document’s management systems and encourages all documents owners to review and keep the documentation up to date.
- Contact person for the certification bodies& applicable authorities and aims to achieve and maintain certificates that are useful to the organization. The driving force is the necessary actions in order to (continue to) the certification requirements.
- Implement and sustain the Audit program including internal, corporate and external audits.
- Remain informed of both legal requirements and Essity requirements and ensures that changes are implemented.
- Ensures the necessary training related to the RESH systems & standards.
- Provides expert support to the Site’s managers to implement Essity’s enablers and the associated goals to secure and ensure that the site complies with laws and regulations and corporate standards and policies.
- Supports the organization in Incident Management and investigations aiming to provide a learning culture and avoid personal injury, damage and health risks.
- Keep running the implementation of company’s reporting platform (Gensuite & Sofi)
- Responsible for the utilities department (5 ppl)
Who You Are
You are passionate about people, processes and providing excellent guidance towards the line and colleagues. To be successful in the role you need to be a communicative team-player who operates with a positive and pragmatic can-do attitude, embracing driving change management and dealing with ambiguity and complexity.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as Safety and Health Manager in a large production organization
- Proven leadership and coach experience on safety culture development and programs
- Excellent skills in the English & Swedish language, both written and spoken
- Experience with TPM and Quality standards is a big plus
Most of all, we are looking for the personal fit. Our organization is one of collaboration and commitment, this means we work close to each other as a big team. We are looking for someone that has the courage to make a difference in the role and cares for his/her co-workers and the site.
In this recruitment, Essity is collaborating with Hudson Nordic.
We are continuously going through applications, and we therefore urge you to apply for this position as soon as possible. If you have any questions regarding this position, you are welcome to contact Denise Valgren, email@example.com.
What Essity Can Offer You
Essity believes every career is as unique as the individual and empower employees to reach their full potential in a winning culture motivated by a powerful purpose.
Collaborative and Caring Culture | Empowerment & Engaged People | Work with Impact and A Powerful Purpose | Individual Learning & Career Growth | Health & Safety Priority | Sustainable Value Together| Innovation| Sustainable Working Life | Total Reward