Process Specialist – Hot Strip Mill
Join SSAB as a Process Specialist – Hot Strip Mills! We are re-inventing the future of steel. SSAB AB is a leading global steel company that is committed to sustainability and innovation. As we embark on our fossil-free transformation journey, we are seeking a highly skilled and knowledgeable Process Specialist in Hot Strip Mill to take the lead responsibility for the process design of our new hot strip mill connected to SSAB´s fossil-free transformation.
Where will the person work
The position are permanent and location is optional but preferable in one of our main locations Luleå or Borlänge, Sweden. Partly remote working is negotiable depending on the project phase. You will have mandate and freedom under responsibility with great opportunity to influence your work within your area of expertise. It is a small project team under development.
We offer you to be part of development of an exciting transformation journey towards a sustainable future. At SSAB EMEA AB, you will have the opportunity to make a real impact and contribution to shaping the steel industry of tomorrow together with a great engaged team.
The job - about the position
Are you a driven and curious person that has a passion to combine an understanding of process and technology in Hot Strip Mill area and like to work in Projects? We are looking for a Specialist that have Hot Strip Mill as area of expertise, like to share the knowledge, have a broader network and understand importance of being a good communicator as well. SSAB will over coming years have Hot Strip Mill and EAF in both Oxelösund, Luleå and Raahe.
• As the Lead responsible for the process technical design of the new hot strip mill practices, you will play a crucial role in shaping the future of our steelmaking process.
• Working closely with the section project manager for the mini-mill area, you will lead a team of process development specialists in designing the equipment and layout of the new hot strip mill.
• Collaborate with mini-mill operations to develop a comprehensive and relevant training program for operators including the creation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the new mini-mills in Luleå and Raahe.
• Support the Borlänge/Raahe conversion project with relevant expertise
Who you are
As a person you have an open and curious approach, are team oriented, listen to others and if you have practical experience of change management , it is a merit. The transformation project is the biggest construction and operations implementation project in SSAB´s history so we have to be humble but driven – together we create value.
To be successful in this role we think you have:
• Education: minimum Masters/bachelor degree or equivalent
• At least 5-8 years’ experience of Process/development of Hot Strip Mill with deep understanding and recognized expertise in steelmaking, ranging from process development, equipment configuration to system development.
• Previous experience as a process expert in capital projects related to Hot Strip Mill business and/or electric arc furnace investments.
• Ability to engage and coordinate internal and external resources with a structured and analytical approach.
• Team-oriented mindset with practical experience in change management.
The recruitment process
We are going through applications continuously, please apply for this position as soon as possible. If you have any questions regarding this recruitment, you are welcome to contact Helen Förnemark, Senior Consultant & Partner at Hudson Nordic, email@example.com or telephone +46 708 504 996 or Susanne Irme Senior Consultant at Hudson Nordic on firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone +46 (0) 70 480 35 73